Shindico is currently looking for a qualified Marketing Specialist to join our team. This challenging position, focused on content creation and editorial/copy writing, is a key support role within our Marketing Department. They will assist the team in the implementation of all marketing activities in pursuit of the company’s business objectives to increase brand awareness, promote services and products and generate new business leads.
The Marketing Specialist is detail oriented with strong creative, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills and is an excellent communicator, both verbal and written. They will possess a strong understanding of all aspects of marketing (digital and print marketing, social media, advertising, internal communications, and public relations) and serve as an integrated point person who can support cross-team opportunities and collaborations. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a desire to learn, and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, production-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with the Shindico marketing team in the planning and execution of marketing plans to achieve the company’s business objectives and proactively identify areas of opportunity.
- Creative Writing – Work with owners and clients to produce articles and copy for a variety of uses including blogs, press releases, website content, brochures, and presentations.
- Graphic Design - Create and distribute company marketing materials, including, but not limited to photos, brochures, aerials, site plans and advertisements.
- Social media – Manage and execute social media activities including maintaining the company’s social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Email Marketing – Plan and execute email campaigns and oversee their entire cycle including creative development, pre-deployment testing, quality control and back-end analysis.
- Administrative Duties – assist with various administrative tasks as required.
- 2+ years related work experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Proven writing skills, with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Strong knowledge of current social media trends and practices.
- Knowledge of best practices for email marketing, and both Canadian and U.S. anti-spam laws.
- Ability to coordinate projects, adjust priorities and handle multiple tasks in a high paced environment.
- Experience designing and producing publications/graphics for various formats (digital, print, web).
- Working knowledge of AV techniques (video/photography) and web development is an asset.