2023 was a very busy year at Shindico, with the founding of SNR Construction Ltd., a general contracting division in the Shindico Group of Companies, the acquisition and integration of Akman Management and a busy Brokerage department. The Shindico portfolio grew by 360,000 square feet and Shindico agents and brokers negotiated 1.74 million square feet of building sales and leases.
All the growth in 2023 resulted in a 42% increase in staff at the Shindico Group of companies, with several new employees added along with many of our long-term employees assuming elevated roles and responsibilities.
“2023 was a busy year for us and 2024 and beyond look to be even better. Our motto has always been 'Succeeding by Helping Others Succeed' and our team at Shindico definitely reflects this philosophy. We are very grateful for the continued dedication and commitment of all the professionals (old and new) in the Shindico family and we are looking forward to building a bright future for years to come.”, said Shindico’s President and CEO Sandy Shindleman.
We want to offer our thanks to the incredible team at Shindico and congratulate the following on their new and exciting roles with the company.
- Alex Akman, Chief Operating Officer
- Leanne Fontaine, Chief Financial Officer
- Kelly Smith, Vice President, Asset & Property Management
- Bob Peters, Vice President, Construction
- Justin Zarnowski, Vice President Legal
- Alex Krozkin, Vice President, Corporate & Construction Finance
- Stephen Bonkoski, Vice President, Accounting and Technology
- Linda Cymbalisty, Vice President, Human Resources
- Melody Plishka, Vice President, Marketing
- Chelsea Perron, Director Controller, Main & Main
- Caitlin Black, Director, Property Accounting
- Rita Yu, Director, Property Accounting
- Mohamed Mekkawy, Director, Marketing
“These long-term employees were elevated to the above promotions as a result of their dedication and to ensure stability of the company for years to come,” said Shindleman.
Watch our 2023 Recap Video for a summary of all that happened at Shindico last year.
Founded in 1975, Shindico Realty Inc. is a full-service commercial real estate company and one of the largest privately owned real estate firms in Manitoba. Our reputation for integrity, professionalism, and excellent service is built on our mission statement of Succeeding by Helping Others Succeed.
For further information please contact:
Sandy Shindleman, CCIM, SIOR, CRE, FRICS
President and CEO
Shindico Realty Inc.