Shindico is currently seeking a motivated individual to join our corporate team in the role or Property Accountant I, with potential for growth.
Working within a team of property accountants and reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for key accounting functions supporting our portfolio of Real Estate assets including retail, office, residential and development properties.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- A/P – A/R processing
- General ledger reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, ensuring all reporting due dates are met
- Analyze rental revenue and expenses to budget; reconcile and explain variances
- Maintain files and adhere to policies for filing information physically and electronically
- Prepare bank reconciliations, GST returns and other reports
- Interact effectively and address inquiries from co-workers
- Annual budget preparation & analysis
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Competitive salary package and a long term career with a recognized industry leader.
You should possess the following key skills and attributes:
- 1-2 years accounting experience - Real Estate preferred
- Proficient with MS Excel. Yardi 7S experience is an asset
- Be able to work as a team within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new software and complex procedures
- Enjoys a neat and organized work environment with attention to detail. Strives being thorough
- Excellent attitude and willingness to continuously learn and update skills in order to remain competitive and challenged