Shindico’s origins began in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba where the company’s President, Sandy Shindleman, and Vice President, Robert Shindleman were raised. They decided to pursue commercial real estate. Sandy incorporated Shindico and eventually moved operations to Winnipeg. Sandy’s CCIM education was a great springboard to the growth we now enjoy.
Our first office was in the Exchange District in the Lindsey Building. Shindico then expanded to Number 5 Donald Street before acquiring Number One Evergreen Place in Osborne Village and moving its office there. As a result of growth, Sandy and Robert foresaw the requirement for a larger, employee friendly office. It was then that Shindico set out to develop one of Winnipeg’s first “green” and “smart” buildings at 1355 Taylor Avenue – the company’s headquarters since 2005.